Niel Bech, A.S., B.A., M.Div.
Niel’s hand was raised and waving in the air. He was trying to get the fifth grade teacher’s attention because he wanted to go first. Looking up at his hand he wondered who had raised it? He was the shyest boy in class. His curly, flaming red hair and freckled face drew more attention than he liked already. Now, oddly, he was trying to be recognized so he could be the first to orally present an original story he had written for a class assignment. Strange. The teacher was probably as amazed as Niel. She gave him his chance.
The story was entitled, “The Monkey Sleuth,” and though the details are long forgotten, Niel still smiles at the joy writing and presenting that story gave him. As unlikely as it was for a shy boy, he had found his calling. Public speaking moved him like nothing else.
As time went on, that broad calling was narrowed to a call to the ministry. Niel attended and then became the Assistant to the President of a small seminary in Philadelphia. He was a frequent Chapel critic. About a decade later this labor of love left Niel and his growing family with the need for more income. A friend asked Niel to develop and manage a Teleprompting business. The income was needed. His friend wouldn’t have asked if he didn’t believe Niel would like teleprompting and would excel at it. Niel responded to the offer, “Yes. What is teleprompting”?
As they say, the rest is history. Niel soon took over the company, with his friend’s blessing. He grew the company into a Speech Services company as he helped many improve their speech content and delivery. Often the help he gave presenters when he teleprompted them led to requests for help developing (writing) their speeches and coaching their delivery.
Niel continues to minster as a guest preacher and speaker. He offers “Spoken Words” as a workshop, individual training, or even an address. Many have told him, “You’ve taught me more about public speaking today than I’ve learned in college or life.”
Niel’s first degree, Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering, speaks to his analytical approach to material to be presented orally. He loves making the complex simple. His Bachelor of Arts tells of a rounded education, very helpful when composing presentations. His Master of Divinity degree is evidence of being trained to present persuasive messages.
Below are the details of Niel’s education and experience. Niel is eager to help you tell your story. He’s waving his raised hand, but the red hair and freckles are gone!
• Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Associate of Science
• Geneva College, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania – Bachelor of Arts
• The Theological Seminary of the Reformed Episcopal Church, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Master of Divinity
• Past President of the Philadelphia Christian Endeavor, local branch of an international youth training and service organization
• Computer Programmer/Analyst for a national toy retailer as well as a computer service bureau
• Assistant to the President of a theological seminary
• Founder and Owner of Blepo Custom Slides, a company producing multimedia presentations
• Founder, Owner, and Speech/Presentation Consultant, DPM Speech Services
▫ Speech Developer (Writer): Speech and video scripts for well-known businesses
▫ Presentation Coach: Workshop and individual training for executives, sales teams, and business leaders
• Professional writer (magazine articles and advertising)
• Co-producer and on-air personality of a daily radio program
• Frequent speaker at churches, conferences, and workshops